This tablet clutch is 10.5" x 12.5" when finished, you can change the measurements to fit your size of tablet or e-reader by measuring the device and adding 2" to each of those measurements.
1/2 yard fabric
1/2 yard lining
1/2 yard thin foam like Soft and Stable
Assorted trims 1/2 yard each
1. Cut two pieces measuring 11" x 13" from the fabric and lining. Cut the foam pieces to measure 10" x 12".
2. Sew trims in rows across the front of the bag. You can also make use of your machines decorative stitches instead of trims and sew across with those. I did a combination of both.
3. Place the zipper onto the front of the bag fabric so that the zipper head is facing down. Line the edge of the zipper up with the edge of the fabric. Pin in place. Place a piece of the lining fabric, face down, on top of the pinned zipper. Make sure the outer and lining side edges are lined up. Pin the fabric in place.
4. Using your zipper foot on your sewing machine sew using a 1/4" seam allowance. Pull the fabric back from the zipper, lay the zipper onto the remaining piece of outer fabric. Once again make sure that the zipper head is facing down. Line up the side edges with all three fabrics as well. Pin the zipper onto the outer fabric and then the remaining lining fabric to the zipper. Sew along this seam just as you did the first side of the zipper.
5. Now arrange the bag pieces so the two outer bag pieces are right sides facing and the two lining pieces are right sides facing. Pin everything together. When you are ready to pin the zipper sides, fold them in half. Make sure that the teeth of the zipper are facing the outer bag fabric pieces. Sew around all of the edges. Leave a three inch section at the bottom of the lining for turning.
6.. Hand stitch the opening in the lining closed. Push the lining into the bag.