It's March! It's starting to get a bit springy around here, except for the chance of snow tonight :( I have a serious case of spring fever as well as pretty much everyone else I talk to. Here's a little Bunnies and Carrots Garland project to get you in the spring state of mind. Enjoy!
Don't forget you can hover your mouse over any of the images and Pin it.
Your printable pattern pieces are here.
I'm not going to give you exact measurements here, because I don't know how many bunnies or carrots you'll want to make. Here is a list of the different materials you will need.
12mm coin beads or buttons
Green velvet ribbon
1. With right sides together fold the carrot in half and sew up the bottom and side. Turn right side out and fill with fiberfill. Set aside for now.
2. You'll need three finished leaves for each carrot. Using fusible web cut out three leaves and fuse them to another pieces of the green fabric. Cut out the three leaf shapes. Stitch around the outer edge using a 1/8" seam allowance.
3. Place the three carrot leaves together and fan out. Place these just inside the stuffed carrot.Pin so the top of the carrot is flat. Sew straight across the top.
4. Using approximately 10 inches of velvet ribbon, tie a knot around the carrot where the vegetable and the leaves come together.
1. Center the pink inner ear on top of the white ear and topstitch in place.
2. Place the nose in the center of the circle, using black thread topstitch a mouth and around the nose.
3. Cut two pieces of velvet ribbon approximately 10 inches.
4. Place the bunny ears, pink side down, on top of the face and pin in place. Next pin the two ribbons facing inward, just above the center of the face. (See drawing below)
5. Place the back of the bunny head on top, pin in place and sew around the outside. Leave a 2" gap at the bottom for turning.
6. Clip the curves, turn right side out, fill with fiberfill, and hand stitch close.
7. Sew the eyes on the bunny.
Assembling the Garland:
1. Tie a knot of each side of the bunny head.
2. Tie the bunny and carrot ribbons together with knots and the desired distance apart, trim any extra ribbon ends.
Hope you had fun!
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook