9" x 12" outer fabric
9" x 12" lining fabric
9" x 12" heavyweight fusible interfacing
Click here to get the pattern. Or you can click on this image and print it on a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper.
1. Start by cutting the pattern piece from the outer, the lining, and the interfacing. Iron the interfacing onto the back of the lining.
2. Pin the ribbon hanger onto the fabric referring to the guides on the pattern piece. You might need a longer ribbon if you plan to go over a doorknob or bedpost, measure to get the exact length you need. For general purpose 6" of ribbon will work just fine.
Place the right sides together of the two fabrics and sew around the outer edge using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a gap for turning on one of the longer sides.
3. Clip the corners and turn right sides out. Press and hand stitch the opening closed.
4. Start by shaping the basket so the lining is facing the outside. Overlap the shorter edges, these are what will become the sides, a temporarily secure with a pin. Align the bottom of the sides with the bottom of the basket. Pin and sew. Do this for both sides.
5. Turn the basket right side out. Arrange the side flaps so the the front flaps are pulled more towards the back of the basket. Tack stitch in place and sew a button on for decoration. Repeat for the second side.
Have a great day,
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook