These lollipops were featured in Quilts and More a few years ago, just in case you're thinking they look familiar. The pattern was available through the magazine only but now I can share it with you. These are fun to make are are a great scrap buster.
If your new to sewing or piecing, this is a perfect project to try. If your center points don't line up, it's okay, they're covered with a button. There are only two pattern pieces for this project, so I do hope you sew some up.
2 squares of cotton quilting fabric 10" x 10" each
1 yard ribbon
1 paper straw
1. Using the printed pattern pieces, cut 1 back and 4 triangles from one fabric and 4 triangles from your second fabric.
2. Start by sewing 4 sets of triangles together using two different fabrics. Make sure each set is sewn on the same side. This will insure that your pieces alternate fabrics.
3. Press the seams open. Sew two of the sets together to make a half circle. Sew the remaining two sets to make a second half circle.
4. Press open the seams. Now sew the two half circles together to make the complete front circle.
5. Align the front and back of the lollipop together with right sides facing inward. Take a 8" piece of ribbon, fold it in half and insert the loop side in between the two fabric layers. Leaving approximately 1/2" sticking out, pin into place. Sew around the outer edge using a 1/4" seam allowance. Leave a 2" gap for turning.
6. Clip the edges and turn right sides out. Fill with fiberfill.
7. Slide the paper straw approximately 2" into the opening of the lollipop. Hand stitch the opening closed. While you're stitching, sew through the paper straws one or two times to secure.
8. Using the remaining ribbon, tie a bow at the base of the lollipop around the straw. Tack stitch in place.
9. Sew a button to the center of the lollipop. While sewing it on, send your needle all of the way through to the back of the lollipop and pull the thread snug. Do this several times to secure it.
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.